Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture
Ever thought AI could change the way the world produces its food? Did you know the agricultural sector is hungry for new technology? Do you like to put your programming skills into practice in a dynamic, young startup environment? Then read on...
Still in doubt? Feel free to send us a message so we can answer your questions!
VanBoven provides farmers and other agricultural companies with accurate harvest predictions of fresh vegetables, like lettuce, broccoli and cabbages. Our tech team develops algorithms to extract information from individual plants from drone imagery. Using this information we can predict the plant's ideal harvest date and volume.
During your internship you will help us develop smart computer vision algorithms capable of identifying and analyzing individual plants in drone imagery. Even though this is an internship, we want you to become a full member of the team. You will be involved in all technical meetings and discussions.
What will you be doing?
- Identify weak spots in our existing software and suggest improvements.
- Develop, train and test models using Mask R-CNN and YOLO for Object Detection and Segmentation.
- Run (your) algorithms on data from actual customers and present them with results.
- Join us on field-trips to learn about the challenges of harvest forecasting first hand.
Start of the week! Grab a coffee and wake up slowly. We kick off the week with an update from all team members about their weekends and plans for the next week. Lets get cracking!
Meeting with our CTO Eric - this is the time to ask all the questions that kept you awake last night! Together you'll update your planning and make sure you can proceed. Continue work on your projects.
Start the day with a short team meeting to update on progress and continue working on your projects. Take a break and enjoy the weather on our roof terrace.
Continue work on your project. Thursday is soup day, so make sure you grab some during lunch.
Thanks god its friday. Wrap up this weeks project and discuss your results and suggested next steps with the tech team. Hands are not allowed on the keyboard after 16.30: time to grab a drink and celebrate the weekend!
Hoe jouw week er bij ons gaat uitzien:
We are looking for interns that:
- Have Msc. level thinking;
- Have experience with Machine Vision (e.g. OpenCV);
- Have experience with Machine Learning;
- Have experience programming in Python;
- Enjoy working in small teams and a startup environment;
- Enjoy taking ownership of technical problems;
- Dare to speak up when the boss is wrong;
Don’t tick all the boxes? Don’t worry! As long as you are willing to learn, we are willing to investigate the possibilities of a suitable internship.Wij vragen
- €300 reimbursement + travel expenses
- Young, enthusiastic team
- Flexible working hours
- A team challenge
€ 300 p/m